Nomads Canteen in San Clemente Reopens Doors
UPDATED 8:01 AM PT — Monday, May 4, 2020
A restaurant in Orange County, California reopened its doors to the public despite the state’s stay-at-home order. Jeff Gourey, owner of the Nomads Canteen in San Clemente, opened his business to patrons for the first time in over six-weeks over the weekend.
According to reports, the move was well received by locals as the restaurant was full to capacity shortly after reopening. Gourey said he reached out to city and county officials to let them know his plans and claimed no one stopped him.
When citing his reason to reopen, the restaurant owner said he had 25 employees on payroll and the canteen was just bringing in 10 percent of its normal profits through take-out orders.
“I’m emotional, its a bigger fight than for my restaurant, its for my people,” he stated. “How long do we hide from it regardless? I mean, we cant stop working, we cant stop living.”
Meanwhile, local reports said Gourey has been issued a warning for violating the governor’s order, which could lead to a permit suspension if he continues to keep his doors open.Smort@SmortReport ·
Some Orange County restaurants and shops reopen despite statewide orders.https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/02/some-orange-county-restaurants-and-shops-reopen-despite-statewide-orders/ …Smort@SmortReport
“People are saying I have blood on my hands and that their grandma is going to die,” Nomads Canteen owner Jeff Gourley said of the backlash he’s received online from some people. “But I’m not forcing anyone to come here. If you don’t feel the way we do, just stay home.”7Twitter Ads info and privacySee Smort’s other Tweets
- ark Today • 2 hours agoThe only way out of this globalist power grab is for we the people to take our country back. The November elections will be a referendum on our freedoms and for the soul of our country. We must defeat the RINO’s and Dem Socialists in November. KAGA24 •Reply•Share
- WaveForm Mark Today • an hour agoI wholeheartedly AGREE!!6 •Reply•
- A.T. Mark Today • an hour ago1st we have to get rid of ALL DEMS .. then remove the Rinos …. the dems act like the Borg – reference to star trek next gen….. So a vote/support for a DEM in OK or MN or NB or WV is a support for Dems in CA, NY NJ, etc….. time to focus all energies to remove every Dem at all levels of govt.3 •
- Gaian • 3 hours agoI hope they put a sign on their restaurant door saying no cops or governors allowed.28 3•
- Charles Sager Gaian • 2 hours agoDon’t Blame the Police, BLAME NEWSOM he is POS.Gov who is Ordering this Not the POLICE.10 •
- TruthBTold Charles Sager • 2 hours ago • editedThe Police took an oath to protect the Constitution. Since they are not going to do that, then they should at least have the dignity to remove the “Flag” from their uniforms. After all, actual patriots (not traitors) have died for it since 1776.10 1•
- Disgusted Oldman TruthBTold • an hour agoWhen did you serve? Your gripe is with the people that make the laws. Law Enforcement Officers don’t have the discretion to pick and choose which ones they enforce and which ones they don’t.2 2•
- David Anderson Disgusted Oldman • an hour agoLaw enforcement officers are not required to violate their oath. What you are arguing was settled in Nuremberg.6
- TruthBTold Disgusted Oldman • an hour agoApparently , some do because some sheriffs across the nation are refusing to obey what they consider ‘unconstitutional’ edicts from their respective governors. As for your snarky comment , my response is this “Those who give up an essential Liberty , to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety” B. Franklin4 •
- Susan C. Disgusted Oldman • an hour agoWhen cops reinforce tyrannical orders they become tyrants themselves. I would respect these cops more if they followed the constitution. Cops are just making more enemies.3 •
- Beef Supreme Disgusted Oldman • an hour agoNo sworn member of the US military are required (or allowed) to obey an order that is contrary to the Constitution. I would guess that also applies to law enforcement officers.4 1
- Bob M Disgusted Oldman • an hour agoActually they do have choice – The Governor does not make law by executive order – So any “order” can be optionally enforced – depending on the Constitutionality of said order.3 1•
- Grant Morass Disgusted Oldman • 20 minutes ago“Just doing my job?”1 •
- TJW Disgusted Oldman • 19 minutes agoExcept that in some towns, they are.•
- Beef Supreme Charles Sager • an hour agoTake a stand for freedom and STARVE evil out. Don’t serve Newsom!!! That’s a slogan I can embrace. Not advocating violence, just refusing to surrender the fruits of my labor to a tyrant.3 •
- Bob M Charles Sager • an hour ago • editedAn edict by a wanna be dictator is not law – and does not have to be enforced by police.
- If police choose to enforce an unconstitutional edict – they then become domestic enemies of the US Constitution. If they should happen to die during such enforcement – their families are not entitled to Taxpayer paid death benefits.2 •
- Incarnation of Truth ✓Vilified Charles Sager • 2 hours agoIf cops follow the tyrannical orders of the governor for money, they are just gross prostitutes, lower than the lowest scum, and completely worthless. This goes for all the disgusting orders they follow, like protecting invaders and ignoring the crimes of bums, drug addicts, and hobos. California is a hellhole because of the boys in blue. All of them do whatever they are told like good little knob-slobs for their pathetic paychecks and pensions, so all of them are trash.3 1•
- hoplophile Gaian • 3 hours ago • editedagreed.mayors, city councilmen, representatives, senators, and presidents neither.4 •
- Never Surrender! hoplophile • an hour agoWhat beef do you have with the president?3 •
- Ears McFearson Gaian • 3 hours ago • editedPretty sure the cops don’t want to enforce the supreme leader’s orders3 •
- biff Ears McFearson • 19 minutes agoWell then don’t. Just following orders didn’t work for the 90 yr old nazi prison guard and it’s not an acceptable excuse now.1 •