Florida Economic Reopening May 4th
UPDATED 10:19 AM PT — Thursday, April 30, 2020
Florida is set to begin its ‘phase one’ plan to reopen its economy next week. On Wednesday. Gov. Ron Desantis (R) announced he will allow restaurants and shops to reopen starting Monday.
They will be allowed to open at 25 percent capacity as long as servers are wearing masks and tables are kept six-feet apart. Schools will stay closed as well as movie theaters, beauty salons and barber shops.
Doctors will also be able to resume performing elective surgeries. However, areas most impacted by the coronavirus will still be ordered remain closed.
“Miami-Dade alone has one-third of all the COVID cases in the entire state of Florida, so I do think just as we were at liberty to implement stay-at-home orders, curfews and things of that nature on the front-end,
which I think has helped us tremendously to curb the increase of COVID cases and allow us to hit the peak early, I think it’s imperative that the governor allow us to make those kind of decisions as things hopefully continue to improve,” said Miami Mayor Francis Suarez.
Meanwhile, Gov. DeSantis stressed that he expects to start the next phases in reopening the economy in a matter of weeks — not months.
Federal Lock-Downs Expire April 30th
President Trump has said coronavirus related lockdowns will be allowed to expire on the federal level. While speaking to reporters on Wednesday, the president stated it will be up to governors to decide when and how to reopen their states.
According to Vice President Mike Pence, the federal government will work with governors to make sure the restrictions are lifted in a safe and responsible manner.
“I’ve had many calls from governors… We’re speaking to a lot of different people, and they’re explaining what they’re doing. I am very much in favor of what they’re doing. They’re getting it going and we’re opening our country again.” – Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States
The vice president has said new federal guidelines will include a timeline to reopen states going into phases two and three.
President @realDonaldTrump‘s plan for Opening Up America Again outlined a three-phased approach based on the advice of public health experts.
Today, we’re laying out the blueprint for testing and rapid response programs called for in the plan.https://t.co/8JKY0040jJ
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) April 27, 2020
President Donald Trump speaks about reopening the country, during a round table with industry executives, in the State Dinning Room of the White House, Wednesday, April 29, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
President Trump reiterated his target date to reopen the country is “as soon as possible.” While he did not give an official date, he noted that many states are preparing to open and slowly return to normal.
“(We) have to have safety, but at the same time, people want this country open,” said the president. “We’ve got to start moving along.”
He noted the government is working to make antiviral medication available to patients quickly.
According to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University, there are more than 1 million active cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. As of Wednesday, more than 60,000 people have died, while more than 120,000 have recovered.
This comes as many states begin to slowly reopen businesses and testing ramps up. So far, more than 5.7 million tests have been administered.
The United States has conducted more than 5.4 MILLION Coronavirus tests—nearly twice as many as any other country. pic.twitter.com/QruwdWbBAj
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) April 27, 2020
President Trump also announced he will resume work-related travel once coronavirus related restrictions phase out. While speaking at Wednesday’s ‘Reopen America’ roundtable, the president said he’s looking forward to his trip to Arizona and Ohio next week.
“We are going to Arizona next week, we look forward to that, and I’m going to, I hope, Ohio very soon,” he explained. “We are going to start to move around and, hopefully in the not too distant future, we’ll have some massive rallies and people will be sitting next to each other.”
He is set to meet with local officials, where he will discuss the latest policies to combat coronavirus and restore the American economy.
President Trump’s travel has been limited for the past few weeks following his latest campaign rally on March 2nd. According to the president, his resumed travel may lead a broader recovery in the airline industry.
The president also reiterated his support for America’s oil industry, saying the federal oil storage could absorb another several hundred millions of barrels.
- Yosemite Sam Red • 16 hours agoSounds like Trump just told the state governors to sink or swim.49 •Reply•Share ›
- kaiju Yosemite Sam • 16 hours agoI’m going to love the sound of Democrats whining as they sink.48 •Reply•Share ›
- Alex15 kaiju • 16 hours agoJust one example of such insane Liberal zealot was posted on the WND:
- “Reopening U.S. is about killing black people, says college prof,”
That nasty black woman ended her full of rage tweet with the following tirade: “F*** each and every Trump supporter. You all absolutely did this,”
That says it all.
President Trump’s KAG has no alternative, indeed.39 •Reply•Share ›
- Pasquinel Alex15 • 16 hours agoDid you see the picture of her? She’s a deep fried double-wide version of Obama. 🦅34 •Reply•Share ›
- Alex15 Pasquinel • 15 hours ago • editedLet’s admit that Moochelle a bit thinner, but also more masculine, and even speaks smoother, but in the same disgusting manner of disdain towards Americans, especially not so “black” as they are.
- In comparison, and to be fair, not all black women are so ugly and nasty as these evident haters.
Take as example funny and even attractive black women duo “Diamond & Silk”, who spoke boldly during CPAC and love America and support President Trump nonstop encouraging many to come and vote to WIN to Keep America Great.22 •Reply•Share ›
- Pasquinel Alex15 • 15 hours agoThey are good looking inside and out as they aren’t haters. It doesn’t eat them alive like the liberal disease!13 •Reply•Share ›
- Iceman Alex15 • 14 hours agoShe’s a guy, an ugly tranny!10 •Reply•Share ›
- Alex15 Iceman • 6 hours agoYeah, corrupt Media sees “her” as a beauty and a “standard” for women to follow.
Liberals suffer evident ugly “double vision”, which they want to impose on the whole American society, and already brainwashed Millions.
2020 elections is our last chance to right wrongs and elect sane Government, at least.6 1•Reply•Share ›
- Eric Alex15 • 6 hours agoTrump and the GOP held all branches of government for two years, for the first time in a generation, and blew it.3 2•Reply•Share
- gene Eric • 6 hours agoToo many RINO’s were fighting him. Elect some true Americans to congress (not politicians) and you will see things happen.7 •Reply•Share ›
- THer gene • 4 hours agoRight,,,,GOOD THINGS.3 •Reply•Share ›
- Ted Hernandez Eric • 3 hours agoMove. Venezuela is waiting fur ya.1 •Reply•Share ›
- THer Eric • 4 hours agoSAD, but true!1 •Reply•Share ›
- Tweak Eric • 5 hours agoWell, that’s what happens when Republicans grab the ankles for Democrats.1 1•Reply•Share ›
- Ted Hernandez Eric • 3 hours agoMove. Venezuela is waiting fur ya.•Reply•Share ›
- Huks Iceman • 4 hours agoLooks like it.•Reply•Share
- KSEMBB1 Alex15 • 14 hours agoGoes to show that attitude and disposition is what makes people ugly, no matter their color.6 •Reply•Share ›
- Fred762 Alex15 • 15 hours agoFauxFox just fired Diamond & Silk btw.3 1•Reply•Share ›
- KSEMBB1 Fred762 • 14 hours agoNot surprised, as the liberal Murdoch sons, not Papa, are in charge now. They’ve even hired Paul Ryan to the Board of Directors.7 •Reply•Share ›
- Rick Boyer KSEMBB1 • 12 hours agoand Donna Brazile4 •Reply•Share ›
- Alex15 KSEMBB1 • 6 hours agoThat “turncoat” Ryan should be credited for GOP majority loss during 2018 midterms, and rise of ugly “Crazy Nancy” and her pawns dubbed by President Trump as “Crazed Lunatics”.
- If Americans wan’t Remove them from the House to get Replaced with pro MAGA, thus pro Trump, GOP majority as the result of 2020 elections, our nation won’t survive as teh Sovereign constitutional republic, for long.2 •Reply•Share ›
- Alex15 Fred762 • 6 hours agoThat’s due to “turncoat” Ryan, who’s setting new FOX agenda, in line with corrupt Media narrative and following its anti American “talking points”, aimed at Trump’s presidency destruction.
- Disgusting.3 1•Reply•Share ›
- cman Alex15 • 6 hours ago • editedYep. Ryan who lost the House is now part of Fox news and he is an open border Rhino hiding in the closet sabotaging the current administration and it’s supporters.5 •Reply•Share ›
- Eric Alex15 • 6 hours agoTrump is destroying his own presidency. No outside help needed.